1.16.2009

One of the most awesome toys I owned as a child.

One of the great cartoons of my time was He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. Looking back I realize that He-Man did have some issues, which I already wrote about in an old post but even with his bleached hair and dark eyebrows he became one of my childhood heroes. Whooping on Skeletor and his minions with help from Cringer, Teela, and Man-at-Arms made for a great cartoon. My parents and the spoiling of their only child (for seven years) let me reap the rewards of many action figures and accessories. Among these accessories was Castle Grayskull with a working drawbridge, and my favorite, Snake Mountain. The toy form of the Villain's lair had a working microphone that let you sound nothing like Skeletor but let you get some wicked screeching feedback when you held the microphone close to the speaker. Watch the commercial for the toy "if you dare... Ha ha ha ha."

17 comments:

Idaho Rob said...

My hair is white and my eyebrows are dark. I wonder if He-man is my dad?

Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan said...

He-man was a great cartoon. Every episode taught an import principle that was explained at the end by Orko. Why don't cartoons teach lessons nowadays?

Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aminut said...

O my gosh!!! I'm going to have to have my brother pay your blog a visit b/c it will bring back so many memories. He had all this too and we used to fight over the microphone. We watched the cartoons too. He-man, transformers, and GI Joe were popular cartoons in our house. HA HA HA HA HA! Bring it Skeletor!

Idaho Rob said...

Eric, man up and quit deleting all your own comments...

Brysen Packer said...

He-man, . . . How about Thunder Cats! Thunder! . . thunder! . . thunder cats! hooo!!

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric said...

Not me. I thought that sussy girl was back on here raising a ruckus about how great her photography is, and how she preys off of innocent Utah County girls that are too naive to know that they could do the same thing she does if they would just try. I did do the last deleted comment just for Rob though.

Ryan said...

Sorry guys. The six or so deleted comments are from me. I went to post my comment and it showed up six time for some reason. I know. I have blog issues. He-man still rocks. So does Thundercats.

Idaho Rob said...

Great I was just hoping that Eric was posting insanely provacative comments that even he could bear to be seen on the world wide web.
But no, the plan was foiled with Ryan's incompetence...

Nate said...

It does make this post look popular with all the comments. Thanks Ryan. Hey by the way, doesn't this blog have two authors? You can jump in any time if you like.

Ryan said...

Sorry Nate, I just can't think of anything to blog about sitting in front of a computer 8 hours a day at work. I'll make a post this Saturday.

Mr. Belvedeere said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr. Belvedeere said...

you could always write a post that updates us on your hair removal surgery