8.18.2009


Just finished watching "Bigger, Faster, Stronger*"

A spectacularly terrifying introspective about America and the contradictory country we live in. Chris Bell, the director has put together a fascinating tale of steroids, the truth, and how they have affected America. Not just about steroids, the movie focuses on America's obsession with looking perfect and being the best which grinds against our moral beliefs. An eye-opener and a well presented story.
The movie has a strong focus on powerlifting and bodybuilding which many of you know hits close to home with my dad. Arnold, Stallone, Louie Simmons, and others featured in the movie were integral parts of my father's life, making this film maybe a little more poignant to me but I guarantee you will love this movie or your money back.

4 comments:

Ryan said...

This reminds me of a show I saw on TLC about a guy that had an obsession about get big biceps. His biceps were way too big for his body. It was gross.

I'll have to check this one out.

Idaho Rob said...

Who will give me my money back? Ryan? I hope it is Ryan...

nate said...

That guy with the disgusting biceps is in this movie, they interview him about his obsession with his arms and about his steroid use.

Yes Rob, Ryan is the refund man.

Ryan said...

Fine with me. If Nate says you'll like it you will. No refunds will be necessary.