12.20.2008

Blog Music

When I check blogs I open a tab for every blog I will be looking at so everything can be loaded ahead of time. When there is a music player on a few blogs I get a bunch of mash-ups which usually don't go together very well. I always just turn the sound off when this happens. On the other hand, when someone has a long good post about an interesting topic I kind of like the background music, I think it adds a little umph to the reading. I also sometimes open up certain people's blogs when I am working on other things just to have some different and unique music playing. So here I am contemplating the idea of sharing some good music with everyone out there. I wonder, will people actually stop and listen, will they leave my blog open while they surf the web, or will they turn the sound off like I ofttimes do?


Okay so I got a few playlists ready so I can rotate them and I just discovered that you can set the player to NOT AUTOSTART. Why do so many force their music on us? I am going to give you a choice today. If you choose to accept, scroll down to the bottom push play and enjoy some nice background music while you check your email and snoop around on facebook. Otherwise...leave in silence. 

11 comments:

Idaho Rob said...

I pushed play.

Megan said...

I, like you, open many tabs and get clashing music. I usually always have the sound off anyway. Why do so many girls like country music? Bleh. The 'option' is the best route to go.

Steph said...

Nice, I feel the same way about blog music, which is why I don't have any on mine. But it's nice to have the option. ;) I did push play and guess what, now I'm going to leave it open while I surf the internet. Haha I really love this kind of music.

Eric said...

Your playlist sucks. Most of these people aren't alive, and those that are probably have never worn tight vinyl pants during a performance. I'll stick with Incubus. At least it makes people want to jump my bones.

aminut said...

I think this is the most relaxed surfing I've done in a long time. I feel the same way too but sometimes I like to put 1 song on that goes with my post. That way when the song ends--it ends. But it's just I forget to take my song off after a while since I do usually have my computer muted b/c of all the music. Not that I don't like music but it's in & out, here & there, everywhere!
Thanks for reminding me to take mine off. hee hee.
Merry Christmas to you and your whole fam damily. ;)

Anonymous said...

So I think your blog is entertaining and I stop by from time to time. On the topic of surfing music, my mute is always on because of other people's poor music choices, the multiple page-mash forced listening dilemma, and obnoxious advertisements. But I decided to test out your playlist while I read the rest of your blog and it has changed me. I wanted to go protest with Martin Luther with Mozart and "the spirit of Beardvember" has such a deeper meaning to me through climactic moments from Clair de Lune. You nerd....but really I like it.

Nate said...

Eric, your are so narrow minded.

Eric said...

Actually it was a shot at Megan. Again I apologize for using your blog to fight with her. I just remember she always had an unhealthy obsession with Brandon from Incubus. I actually like your music. I really don't like blog music, and I think it should be optional. Especially all of the girls that think they have to play THE country song that made them fall in love. I guess if Laura put our song on her blog it would be Hell's Bells. Our courtship was very intense.

Nate said...

Fiery I think would be a better descriptive word.

Megan said...

Oh Eric I didn't even know you were taking a shot at me. Let's face it, probably because I have have had a lot of obsessions and I haven't listened to Incubus in a while. But I do remember him singing shirtless at their concert and that I thoroughly enjoyed it. Ah. Thanks for bringing that memory back.

Anonymous said...

I would appreciate more visual materials, to make your blog more attractive, but your writing style really compensates it. But there is always place for improvement